Council Tight Lipped On Former Head Teacher Ruling
Last week, the NCTL dropped the case before it reached a hearing, which could have seen Bryce Wilby struck off as a teacher.
Their panel said that the evidence from the Council’s auditors following Mr Wilby’s 2012 suspension was “wholly unreliable.”
We contacted the Council Press Office and Chairman Amanda Martin on Sunday to see if they wanted to issue a statement.
On Monday the Council said they had not received the NTCL decision.
On Wednesday we emailed again to ask whether the Chairman was aware that the Council had referred Mr Wilby and whether work in connection to that referral over the last two years had been undertaken with Council consent.
Mr Wilby has announced that he’s suing the Council and that they could have to pay his legal costs. So we also enquired whether the Town Hall had a contingency fund in place to cover this.
The Council replied to say that they couldn’t comment on the NCTL’s pursuance of Mr Wilby as the process was entirely conducted by that body.
On Wednesday again asked whether the Council had set aside cash to cover future litigation.
The Council replied saying that they have, “no further comment at this time.”