Here’s Your Weekend Update On Quay Works From Kier Construction
· Installation of the precast concrete unit’s commenced last weekend with five now in place. Further adjustments are now in progress.
· Concrete operations are now expected to commence on 29th and run for three days.
· Waiting room building works now pending decoration and delivery of windows & doors which should take approximately two weeks to arrive.
· The Waiting room furniture is also pending delivery in 2-3 weeks.
· The new Ticket Office steel work has now arrived via the landing craft on 28th.
· Some excavation work remains for the slab for the new chiller store and plumbing and drain work. This is due to the concrete pour schedule taking priority.
· The temporary freight/ticket office has now been rotated allowing full access to the new chiller store location
· The Old chiller has now been dismantled.
· The electrical strip out of the old dive store/new freight office is pending due to concrete operations, as is the floor levelling.
· The dredging material is maintained daily to ensure it is maintained in a neat and tidy manner. .Approvals for the material’s re-use are being progressed.
· Loading & offloading of materials commenced on 28th May with completion expected during daylight hours on 29th.
Precast yard in Plymouth
· 71 pre-cast blocks has been reduced to 70 with a design review.
· 68 of the 70 main quay extension blocks will have been cast by the end of this week.
· 75% of the quay widening blocks have been cast