Emergency Services Called To Scilly Electrical Fire

fire engine st marys 2Firefighters, Police and Western Power staff were called out to an electrical fire at a St Mary’s holiday home early on Monday morning.

It was caused by an external electrical box on the side of the self catering cottage at Watermill.

The fire control room received a 999 call on a mobile just before 2am. Ten firefighters responded.

The fire was out when they arrived but fire crew using breathing apparatus checked the property to make sure that the fire had not spread.

Western Power engineers attended the scene to ensure the power supply to the cottage was made safe.

Sgt Colin Taylor says police went along to check whether the occupants needed re housing, which they didn’t.