Fire Crew Called To Pan Incident On St Martin’s

St Martin's Fire Station

St Martin’s Fire Station

Fire crew were called out yesterday at around 2.30pm after an alarm at Middle Town on St Martin’s.

Local man Terry Davis says he was boiling tea towels, but while he was called down to the quay, the pan boiled dry and started smoking.

Fire crew on Tresco and St Mary’s were mobilised, but when the local St Martin’s crew arrived they found that Terry had already taken the smoking pan out of his house.

They stood down the response as the problem was under control.