Fire Crew Evacuate St Mary’s Licensed Premises

scillonian clubNobody was injured and there’s no lasting damage to property at the Scillonian Club, after fire crew evacuated the building yesterday morning.

Fire fighters and a police officer were called out after 12.30am, when smoke was seen coming from the Hugh Town premises.

The four staff that live upstairs were evacuated.

Landlord Richard Smith says it appears that staff had tried to cook something and oil in a kitchen fryer was “smoking a bit.”

One worker was taken to St Mary’s hospital for a check up but they were allowed home half an hour later, he said.