Storms Expected To Cause Travel Disruption

Steamship Company bosses are looking closely at the weather forecast today to see whether the Scillonian III will need to sail back to Penzance earlier than 4.30pm.

There’s been no decision as yet, but Jackie Hayman of the Steamship Company says they’ve been discouraging daytrippers for today’s service and for Monday. The company say it will be a rough crossing and the winds could reach gale force 7.

Yesterday saw the second day of no flying as fog grounded both air operators. Around 150 helicopters passengers were stuck and all passengers of both firms who wanted to travel were accommodated on the boat back to the mainland.

UPDATE AT 11.00am

The Scillonian III will be sailing back to Penzance as scheduled at 4.30pm this afternoon.